Not all thoughts are Random ones. These are.
The Big Board approaches…
- A 15-year old kid from northern Pittsylvania County goes “missing” on Monday. The sheriff’s office sends out a press release on Thursday. Yeah.
- Being on Jeopardy! and winning one day gets you a lot of local press. Losing on your 2nd day gets you no local press.
- Hidden Treasure for this article? The Halifax County Visitor’s Center located at the intersection of 360 & 58. Local wines for sale, friendly people, lots of interesting things to look at. It’s worth the drive just for a fun day trip and even Halifax County residents will like what they find there.
- Exactly how does somebody steal three pieces of heavy equipment from Industrial Avenue & Westover Drive without the police or anybody else even noticing that something doesn’t look right?
- I can’t help but think that the new Danville YMCA will just slide into the Dan River one day.
- OK, Woodall Used Cars pulled off making their new location not look like Short Sugar’s. There’s still a smokehouse behind the building, though.
- Phi-lly Cheesesteaks and Things wants to re-open in Danville, but they’ve got to find a place that’s not so expensive and has plenty of parking.
- Ever since some commenters mentioned it from the last article, how has Danville’s Sears store not closed yet? They closed the one in Lynchburg due to slow business. The one in Martinsville closed after the owners of the mall wouldn’t give them another long-term lease. The Danville store now closes at 8PM, one hour earlier than the rest of the mall closes.
That’s my RandomThoughts! for the day. More coming up on SouthsideCentral…