It’s late on a Thursday night and I’m thinking randomly…
Shall we pull out a Big Board?
- I finally made it to Brewed Awakening a few weeks ago, and I’m kicking myself for not going sooner.
- Yeah, I led off with something food-related. Didn’t see that coming, did you?
- I didn’t pay attention last year, but now I see that the terrific “Nightmare On Scales Street” haunted house in Reidsville NC shut down in 2015. That’s sad.
- I finally got to meet Ebony Guy a few weeks ago, and that meeting confirmed my high opinion of her. We definitely don’t agree on a lot of issues, but she’s got my full respect. You can tell that she continually works to make the region better.
- We ate at Zaxby’s this week and noticed that the prices have gone up another 10% on average. It’s now at the level where you’re not getting your money’s worth.
- And speaking of Zaxby’s, they must have a revolving door on management. We didn’t recognize any of them from the last time we ate there.
- It was amazingly refreshing to finally see the City of Danville’s government directly confront negative social media postings about the “police putting their car hoods up” situation. I strongly hope that this approach will become the city’s new policy because it was very damned effective at quashing the rumors. I called for this during the “stinky water” situation when people were claiming sickness and things like arsenic blisters and I’m glad somebody finally took the initiative to stomp down on ridiculous speculation.
- So the August 6th vandalizing spree of churches stopped just as fast as it began…
- I give high praise to the Register & Bee’s crime reporter Mike Livingston (as I’ve done before).
- Danville’s River District development plan has worked, is working now and will continue to work. That’s a fact even though some vocal detractors continue to howl that it’s a money pit.
- Absentee voting has already started for the November elections.
- So where did all the OH MY GOD TRAFFIC WILL BE HORRIBLE AROUND THE NEW WALMART GROCERY STORE people go once the traffic really never did live up to those fearmongering predictions?
- And for that thought process, where did all the OH MY GOD WE’RE GOING TO RUN OUT OF GAS AND IT WILL BE HORRIBLE people go?
- I can’t forget the OH MY GOD TWO-WAY TRAFFIC ON PATTON STREET WILL CAUSE LOTS OF CAR WRECKS people. Heh.
All righty. That’s enough RandomThoughts for this article. We’ve got more coming up here on SouthsideCentral!