Let’s take a look at the headlines that have caught my eyes over the last week or so. Sunday is QuickHits! day.
Today’s QuickHits! are on a Big Board…
- Patti O’Keefe & the Caswell Messenger uncover a big waste of Caswell County tax money.
- A Ridgeway man gets an 8-year active prison sentence for a Collinsville shooting spree.
- The embezzlement trial of the former Bartlett Yancey High School principal was postponed until October because of an air conditioning breakdown.
- A Martinsville woman gets a felony conviction and a 2-year suspended prison sentence for leaving her children in a car for 14 minutes while she went into a Dollar General store.
- A 35-year-old Boones Mill woman gets a 6-month active prison sentence for having sex with a teenager in her house.
- Circuit Court Judge Joe Milam gives an active jail sentence in a Franklin County horse animal abuse case.
- A jug that was filled with gasoline is a key piece of evidence in a Patrick County murder for hire trial.
- Think you’ve got it bad? This Raleigh man has had six cars crash into his house in the last 12 years.
- Chatham’s Farmers Market is open every Tuesday from 4:30 to 6:30 PM.
- Amy, the Caswell Messenger office cat, gets a visit from North Carolina state senator Mike Woodard.
We’ll stop at ten reading assignments for your Sunday afternoon… or Monday if you wait until then!
We’ve got more coming up on SouthsideCentral!