We’re trying to keep our content flow going the best we can, so here’s a later-than-normal version of the weekly QuickHits! feature.
Let’s take a look at some of the stories that have caught my eye over the past week.
Sunday Monday Tuesday is QuickHits day!
Our QuickHits! Big Board has been waiting patiently to make an appearance, so let’s bring it out!
- A Patrick County woman is charged with murder for smothering her 2 month old baby.
- Chatham Star-Tribune assistant editor Bobby Roach recaps Thursday’s Danville School Board meeting.
- He’s a sexually violent predator, but he’s not an undue threat to public safety. Huh?
- Tom McLaughlin writes an excellent tribute to the life of the late Ronnie Bennett. Dammit, I’m gonna miss him (along with thousands of his other friends).
- It’s a 12 year prison sentence (actually, a life sentence but the rest was suspended) for the Franklin County man who robbed a drugstore at gunpoint.
- The Halifax County School Board does an abrupt reversal and restores sports coaches’ additional stipends back to the previous levels.
- Franklin County High School makes the cellphone usage policy way more lenient by establishing specified “usage zones”.
- Amy, the Caswell Messenger’s office cat, plays a game of hide-and-seek and causes panic in the office.
We’re going to freeze with eight reading assignments for you in this edition. We’ve got more coming up here on SouthsideCentral!