- George Washington High School has 224 graduates. Jeez. I seem to remember that we had well over 500 graduates in the Class of 1983.
- The Register & Bee editorial board correctly says that City of Danville retirees shouldn’t get cost of living adjustments or bonuses. Hmm. I’m smelling a NumbersCentral article coming up that talks about what the city retirees actually draw as pensions. I know that you’ll find that interesting.
- If you have never been to Rooster Walk, you’re missing one of the best outdoor concert festivals on the East Coast. It’s small enough where you can see and hear everything and the ticket prices are very reasonable for all the entertainment that you get.
- The Richmond-area Farmer’s Foods store closes and files for bankruptcy. I’m feeling that there’s more to come about this because nothing has come out of when the company’s headquarters in Chase City got raided back in October.
- Chasing after and threatening your mother with a knife may be a game to your family, but not when there’s a police officer around. Bizarre.
And that’s some QuickHits for you this morning. Enjoy!
UPDATE #1: I’ve just been told by a well-informed source that the Farmer’s Foods grocery store in South Boston has been sold to a company out of Maryland and all of the employees will keep their jobs. I’ll see what I can find out about that this coming week.